Improvement projects will require closures and lane restrictions along Phoenix area freeways this weekend (Feb. 27-March 2), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Project schedules are subject to change due to inclement weather. Drivers are encouraged to allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes while the following freeway restrictions are in place:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Chandler Boulevard and Wild Horse Pass Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (Feb. 28) for traffic-flow sensor installation. Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) ramps to eastbound I-10 closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time, consider alternate routes or adjusting travel schedule to avoid slow traffic on eastbound I-10.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Wild Horse Pass Boulevard and Chandler Boulevard from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (March 1) for traffic-flow sensor installation. Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) ramps to westbound I-10 closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time, consider alternate routes or adjusting travel schedule to avoid slow traffic on westbound I-10.
- Northbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane between McDowell and Power roads in Mesa from 7:30 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday (March 1) for widening project. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time or consider alternate routes, including westbound US 60.
- 90th Street/Pima Road closed in both directions at Loop 101 in Scottsdale area from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 2) for bridge work. DETOUR: Please use alternate routes, including Shea Boulevard, Hayden Road and Via De Ventura while 90th Street is closed at Loop 101.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed overnight near McKellips Road from 11 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday (March 1) for overhead sign removal. DETOUR: Traffic will detour along ramps at McKellips Road.
- Westbound Interstate 10 and northbound Interstate 17 narrowed overnight starting near Sky Harbor Airport from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 2) for pavement repair. Westbound I-10 right two lanes closed between 32nd Street and I-17 while northbound I-17 narrowed to one lane between I-10 and 19th Avenue. Eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound I-17 also closed. DETOUR: Consider staying on westbound I-10 through the downtown Phoenix area to access I-17 west of the Deck Park Tunnel.
- Northbound State Route 85 ramp to westbound Interstate 10 closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 28) for bridge work. DETOUR: Please use alternate routes, including taking the northbound SR 85 ramp to eastbound I-10, exiting at Miller Road and turning to access the westbound I-10 on-ramp.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) on-ramp at Thunderbird Road closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Sunday (March 1) for pavement repairs. DETOUR: Please use northbound on-ramps at adjacent interchanges.
State For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions around the state visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1. Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov. Another great way to find out more about ADOT’s projects and programs to improve Arizona’s transportation system is the ADOT blog at www.azdot.gov/blog.