Improvement projects will require lane restrictions and ramp closures along some Phoenix-area freeways this weekend (April 3-6), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are encouraged to allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes while the following freeway restrictions are in place. Please note schedules are subject to change due to inclement weather.
- Westbound Loop 202 on- and off-ramps at Dobson Road in Mesa closed overnight from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (April 4) for widening project. DETOUR: Please use ramps at adjacent interchanges, including Alma School Road.
- West- and eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) on- and off-ramps at McKellips Road closed through early October for widening project. DETOUR: Please use ramps at adjacent interchanges, including Alma School Road, Country Club Drive and Gilbert Road.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes overnight between McDowell and Thomas roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (April 4) for widening project.
- Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed in both directions to two lanes overnight near the Dobson Road overpass in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (April 4) for widening project.
- Northbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane overnight between Broadway and Brown roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday (April 4) for widening project.
Additional freeway restriction information will be listed on ADOT’s website, azdot.gov, under ADOT News. Visit the site to also subscribe to ADOT email updates, including weekend restriction information.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area and around the state, visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511.gov or call 5-1-1. Another great way to find out more about ADOT’s projects and programs to improve Arizona’s transportation system is the ADOT blog at azdot.gov/blog.
The Mesa Independent is available in Mesa and Maricopa County