The mayor and council of the city of Mesa at a meeting Monday, March 20, are slated to consider a notice of intention to adjust rates or rate components, fees and/or service charges for district cooling, electric, irrigation water, natural gas, reclaimed water, solid waste, wastewater and water. The meeting begins at 5:45 p.m. in the council’s chambers, 57 E. First St., according to the agenda at http://mesa.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx.
A public hearing on the proposed adjustments will be held as part of the city council’s regular meeting at 5:45 p.m. May 22, in the Mesa City Council Chambers.
Reports and data supporting the revised rate schedules for district cooling, electric, irrigation water, natural gas, reclaimed water, solid waste, wastewater and water will be available in the Office of the City Clerk, 20 E. Main St. Suite No. 150 by March 20.
For fiscal year 2017-18, the following rate adjustments are being recommended:
- All residential rates, bulk item pick-up and appliance collection: 3.5 percent increase
- Front-load rates: Overall 2.5 percent increase
- Roll-off green waste rate: 4.9 percent increase
- Residential customers: system service charge increase of $1.25 per month
- Residential customers: no adjustment to the energy usage charge Non-residential customers: no adjustment to any components
- All customers: system service charge increase of $0.75 per month
All customers: no adjustment to the usage charge
- 3.5 percent increase across most customer classes and rate components
- Residential usage charge – tier 3: 6.5 percent increase and tier 4: 9.5 percent increase
- Interdepartmental (large turf): no adjustment
- Restructure of residential services demand tiers – implement year three of five-year plan
- 4 percent increase across most customer classes and rate components
- Interdepartmental: no adjustment
Discussions of these proposals with the Audit and Finance Committee on March 6 and the city council at the future study session on April 13 are/will be available online at the city of Mesa website, Mesaaz.gov, under City Hall, council agendas and minutes.